Tuesday, October 02, 2012


It was a crummy day today in many ways; however even crummy days have their bizarre points of light and today was that way. As I was walking along Brentwood, Stevie Ray Vaughan started singing 'Taxman' in my head and, exactly at the moment a young man scratched his ear while doing yard work, as though he were directing, the theme song from the 1960s tv show 'Batman' started playing in my head. This head-tunes combo was quite a piece of work. "Let me tell you how it will be -" "Batman!" "There's one for you, nineteen for me -" "Batman!"

(Actually, I don't know all the lyrics, and I was kinda making it up as I go, more like "Here's some for you, a lot for me -" "Batman!")

Anyway. It sounded pretty good and it added a touch of grace to a way-under-the-weather hounded-by-traffic kind of day. The Taxman-Batman song and fixing my dad a sixties-style dinner (mashed potatoes and peas - how comforting retro-American can you get?) were the highlights of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment