Tuesday, August 28, 2012


Driving from Austin, Texas to Lafayette, Louisiana the night of August 18, 2012, I took 12 pictures with my Sony digital Cybershot. Probably due to dim light and the speed I was driving, none of the images look like the eerie, beautiful skies I was passing through, but instead, look like some sort of abstract art. Some are just timed exposures of headlights and streetlights as the car was in motion - the colorful wiggly lines of light look pretty cool. But the image below had me flummoxed for some time. What the heck is this?!



Yesterday, with some relief, I finally recognized what I had captured. Perhaps you can see the blurred 100 on the right. This is an image of the tachometer and the speedometer, side by side, in the dash of my Honda Civic.

No comments:

Post a Comment