Tuesday, May 15, 2012


I've yet to figure out the mystery of the schools.

This yellow light was flashing this morning. The sign has been there all year, but there is no school on this street. That's one puzzle.

When the public school buses roll by, except for drivers, they are empty, no matter what time of day I see them. (This was also true when I was living in Oakland/Berkeley, California 2009-2010). I've seen maybe ten big yellow buses tooling along various streets in the last two days, not a child in any of them. Even the university buses are lacking passengers. That's another puzzle.

There are some signs of life at the local schools, but I don't see the activities that once were common, such as band practice in the fields, nor team practice for sports. The school grounds show little evidence of the trampling of young feet. It's so confusing, I've been hesitant to bring it up. Where are the students?



No comments:

Post a Comment